Tuesday 22 July 2008

Who in the hell d'you think you are? A Superstar? (Well right you are)

I won Come Dine with Me! (By 1 point.) I was suitably chuffed and really looking forward to getting the video sorted and up for all to see. The only downside to this whole thing is that it's over and also EVERYONE on Facebook thinks I'm going to be on the real Come Dine With Me on Channel 4 which of course I'm not. Although Rich at work thinks I should now apply. I may just do that - could do with a grand to go towards my "living in Spain" dream.

Here are the things I've learnt this week. Firstly a mate of mine introduced me to Summer Heights High which is a programme on BBC3 and is exceptionally funny. If you haven't seen it, watch it on BBC iplayer asap. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Secondly I re-discovered the joys of Swing Ball. I'd convinced my dad that it'd be a great idea to get another swing-ball like in the good old days. This weekend when I popped over there, lo and behold, there before my very eyes was a Swing Ball. If you don't know what one of these is, (you are weird) check out the link. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A120M/ref=nosim/coffeeuk17048-21

The only problem with this is the one in the picture is the one we bought and it's really flimsy compared to the "good old sturdy hard core whack the ball really really hard" one. We decided to use the old heavy duty bats we used to have and pretty soon the pole was wobbling all over the place. My mum kept shouting "Not too hard!" But we're very competitive and smashed the f*ck out of it. HAHA Great days.

AH got another sweet link here for you all to see if you haven't already. Ah this is my favourite little cat (other than my Timmy and Flugel) in the world. http://www.youtube.com/user/simonscat

Wow this blog is just like Popbitch today isn't it. What with all the links and all the er.... non bitching.

I'm going to Thorpe Park tomorrow! WOOOH! I love that place. I'm going to do rollercoasting and tidal waving and all that brilliant stuff. I'm going with Lauren. Wish I was going with a boyf on like....a 5th date - cause then we'd like each other loads (cause we'd be at a 5th date see?) and be kissing in the queue whilst people (like me) puke in their own mouths and swallow it. Great days.

So! Not much more to report. My crush has subsided somewhat, outta sight outta mind I think is the key here. Also once I've married the lad in my head it all gets a bit boring. NEXT.

And finally they opened the bar on my complex again last night and me and a couple of neighbours went along to check out the talent. There was none to speak of if I'm honest but the cherry beer tasted ace.

Bye then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you should go on the actual TV show - I would not have the guts as I look like a Heffa in all the photos - can you imagine what TV would do to me!! haha..

Well done on the win and like you said can't wait to see the footage :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Go on the real show!!! You'll have to do a 'little bit a comedy' though, you know, the way they always have the ones who are magicians doing tricks during the drinky bit at the start - just before they let complete strangers poke around your home with a camera crew..... actually, that bit doesn't sound like fun.....

Anonymous said...

so number 1. Summer Heights High is AWESOME. I don't know what I'm wearing to AIDS day tomorrow. A nurse, a patient, an african. You know, something to do with AIDS

number 2. Swingball is good but I prefer teatherball. I think you weirdos might call it something different but I'm not sure. Stee's recollection of his own culture is iffy. If you still don't know, it is what they played at the end of Napolean Dynamite.

number 3. your complex bar is open again? Is it not open every night? By complex bar, do you mean your own drink cupboard?

Leanne D said...

Hahaha Yeah my COMPLEX bar is my drinks cupboard. x