Monday 15 June 2009

Come on in. I've gotta tell you what a state I'm in. I've got to tell you in my loudest tones, that I started looking for a warning sign.

So I find myself at a crossroad. Which path to choose? The one where I hope everything works out? Or the one where I have to actually do stuff. I'd like it to be a little from column A and a little from column B please. I woke up this morning at 2:33am and sat around for about an hour and a half trying desperately not to worry about how much sleep I wasn't going to get or about the upcoming redundancy. There just are NO jobs. I'll take anything really. Bar work or ya know, bar work. Or doing what I do now, or bar work. The thing is, its hard to do a job search when one's not available for work until mid August owing to expeditions around Spain and lying in bed all day and.... Yeah. I should really pull my finger out of my arse. Why can't it all just go away and sort itself out? Like I have friends where it just kinda, works out. Can you go on the dole if you have a mortgage?

Check out my desk. I have to clear this mother in two weeks. (You might be able to see this blog on the computer screen - on closer inspection you cannot) Even I know that its a fucking state.

I need to get rid of all my crapola but I love it so. For example I have a banana on my desk that's shrunk and feels plastic and is lovely, but I have no use for it do I. Moan moan moan. I'm sorry - s'hard to be positive at the moment.

I'll tell you about my latest week instead - there might be something in there that won't depress you.
Hmmmm. Ah right. Yes, on thursday I went out with my mates James, Adrian and Paul to the pub with the best bar snacks IN THE WORLD. They have Scampi Fries, Cheesy Moments AND Pork Scratchings. I had an absolute feast. My mate Paul took a photo of me and I looked just like Lorraine out of The Apprentice. Really depressing. DOH.

Sorry I did it again. Actually everyone looked a bit weird in the photos. Here's one of me and James and he looks like he has a clear plastic bag over his face, so no-one's perfect.


Jason Byrne was in the pub (I'd never met him before) but he knew a couple of people I was with as they were Paramount Comedy people. He came over to us whilst I was mid-sentence about kids. And he goes "You've got kids?!" and I was like "No.... of course not." And he carried on talking for a bit and then when he walked off (and I don't know why I did this) I went "I haven't got kiiiids" like it was a sentence in the wind. (Kind of like on that Mighty Boosh when Howard says "My only friend is the wind" and then the wind goes "I haaatte yoooou." best line ever)

Anyway - Jason Byrne heard my wind sentence and he goes "yeah? well I have." And I was like, "Gooooood" still in wind mode. What a knob I am. Anyway when he went to go I tried to act all normal but I was pissed so it didn't work.

The next day it was friday and I was losing the will to live at my desk all day. Met my mate Rachel for a couple of beers in Camden and then went home. I felt quite empowered so decided to update my status on facebook as "Leanne Diggins is a bloody catch!" and this promoted two men on my facebook friends to "Drink and e-mail" me. So that was nice.

Saturday I went to Orpster to see my Nephew Alex. He seemed to be quite scared of me for the first fifteen minutes or so but soon he handed me a red brick so I knew all was forgiven. My mate Lee came and picked me up and we went to a beer garden in Green St Green - was pretty cool but I saw a load of old school friends who were all heavily pregnant and it made me feel totally UNpregnant. Then Lee dropped me home and my mate Melanie called me from the Isle of Wight fest to play "White Lies" down the phone to me which cheered me up alot. Then in the evening my neighbour Katy came over for some wine, she brought champagne and we had a good laugh.

Sunday was radio day as ever and this show I managed without getting a migraine. Also passed a big pile of VOM on the way to the station so that was excellent.

This week is a busy one for me, I'm out pretty much every night. Going to see Caroline Mabey's preview tonight. Feels like forever ago that we did Sandy Hole in Edinburgh. Then tomorrow I'm meeting up with my mate Dave in Greenwich and Wednesday I have to go to an AGENCY. I don't think it can be up to much cause they sent me an email asking if I was "OK with dogs" (they have one that randomly scampers about.) "Well sure, I love dogs but....." sigh.

Anyway - till next time.

1 comment:

get in here said...

Good luck on the job front :)