Monday 3 November 2008

Come on baby, don't fear the reaper......... baby take my hand.

I'm going to Australia on Friday! That's FOUR days away. FOUR! I know. I'm very excited but also a little scared, but also a little excited, and also a little scared. I'm not going to be contactable AT ALL. No mobile, no crapberry no nuffink. YAY.
I'm getting a bit concerned about the length of the flight in case I develop deep vein thrombosis. I have my sexy stockings that should compress those deep veins away and I plan to do lots of padding up and down the plane though and also consumption of water, not wine, water.

In other news it was of course Halloween this weekend and I went to two parties. I don't know why, but dressing up in scary costumes makes me feel a bit sick. Thus I decided to go as an EMO to friday's party (Newt from Hollyoaks) and I put on a hat on Saturday night for the party in my local bar. I think that's plenty sufficient.

Halloween's a chance for people to dress up in Scream masks and look like mentalists. Don't like it. Anyway I met this guy from the complex I live on and was telling him that my building isn't allowed to use the onsite gym. He was UTTERLY appalled and kept coming up to me and my friend to express his disgust. In the end we started to get a bit like "yeah, can you go away now please?" and so he gets the hint and goes to walk away and says "Ok but I'll just say one more thing girls, you need to get down that gym".
Thanks.
So then we did grooving about on the dance floor and these three lads came over and were like "Don't worry, we're GAY!" (Really? I'd never have guessed except that your friend's wearing a gold studded T-shirt spelling the words "Drama Queen.")

God, is this all there is? There must be more to life.

I keep dreaming about this man and its making me obsessional. I actually want to marry him and firmly believe I must be in love. If not, why do I have to keep dreaming of him? They aren't rude dreams, just ones where we love each other. Just like the dreams where you are best friends with a celebrity like Dawn French or something. Now my love dreams have made me realise that I must love him.

Either that or I need a holiday. To Australia. I wish I were Gabrielle from the 90's cause then all would be well.

Bloody cold weather. My nose keeps doing that thing where it runs and by the time I've realised it, I've had three conversations with people completely not knowing I have candlestick nose(s). And they totally do know, and are probably cringing and thinking "just fucking wipe it".

Just did another voiceover at work for MTV2. I like doing voiceovers. I did the voice of Jack out the Whitestripes with his sister-wife Meg. I'm so versatile.

Nothing more to report. Nothing.

K Bye.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne. I got the link for SW1 radio from ur blog last week and managed to listen in this Sunday. Great show, really funny, loved the music and lovin' ur blog.

Who's this mystery man then? Can u give us a clue?

Leanne D said...

Hello glad you liked the show. Tune in to Louisa while I'm away !
So you want a clue to the mystery man! But do I know you???

Anonymous said...

No, I just try to catch up with ur blog every now and again - u funny.

So come on then, out with it!

Leanne D said...

None of your business!!! ;-)

I haven't even told him....

Anonymous said...

G'day. Bring some water proofs when you come out here. the weather is all over the place. It's rain, then sun, then rain, then sun. Stuff that dries quick is good.

Your blog is great!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, I live in Sydney. Where are you going in Aus?

Leanne D said...

Adelaide, melbourne, sydney, east coast, brisbane. Canna wait!