Wednesday 15 July 2009

I'm only asking but ........I think you know. Come on, take me away.

WOWEE ZOWEE! I haven't written long time eh?

Soooooo I went to Ibiza and it ruled as usual. I love love love that island. The apartment I'm buying when I make my fortune still stands on the hillside and I spent much of my time gazing up at it from the comfort of my lilo in the sea. My friend Louisa shared my lust for the waves and many a time we took our place side by side on the neon pink lilo, putting the world to rights until the waves lovingly took us into shore where we became beached like two beautiful whales.

The weather was ace - almost too hot infact and my sweaty face didn't like it much nor did my makeup which slid off at every opportunity on a night out. I met some lovely lads out there which is unusual because on other holidays to the same destination we are restricted to the "Animation team" as being the only laddage around. This is slim pickings for people in the know.

I think because there were five of us (granted three were in relationships) this created a more agreeable pull for the lads. Not that this was the only reason we went out there, oh no. The main reason was for relaxation but of course any male attention is a bonus.

Unfortunately I don't have ANY chatting up skills and upon meeting one particular lad in San Miguel, I demonstrated this tenfold. Poor man. When we walked into the Irish Bar where this man worked, I saw him playing the violin on stage and I said to myself "be still my foolish heart, for I think I am in love". And the man looked up and I met his eye and he waved. After his set he came up to me and introduced himself as Rory. This man, this.....MAN, was THE most handsome man I've seen all year. Of course this showed in my face as the evil beads of sweat began to emerge at a great speed. Anyway, this first conversation went ok and we chatted for a while. As time went on throughout the night, obviously the beer flowed and I became less and less cool. When we next spoke I rambled on to him lots, ending up somehow showing him how to do the "robot". Even though I can't really do it myself. Rory obliged (ah I love the Irish) but inside I felt ridiculous. GOD.

I stayed out at this bar until around 6am, it was a brilliant night. Highlights for me include one point when a big group of us, male and female were chatting at the bar and all of a sudden Michael Jackson's classic "Bad" came on and without a word, all us 30-40 somethings moon-walked onto the dance floor, randomly shouting "OW". Ah beer you make us silly. Happy days.

The next day I was very very rough indeed but spent it sunbathing and eating which helped a great deal. During the week we did several bouts of Karaoke. Our favourite I think being "Gypsys Tramps and Theives" by Cher. At one particular evening in Santa Eulalia I met another nice guy who ran the karaoke. I think I wowed him with my rendition of "With or without you" by U2 where upon I spent alot of the track doing floor dancing.

My mate's and I were chatting about when we went to Aiya Napa one year and my pal Louisa met this bloke and had a full on holiday romance but he was from up North. She reminded me that when we got back from this holiday, one night when I was down the pub I rang her mobile and left her a voicemail which consisted of me singing along to The Divine Comedy's "National Express" classic and then I hung up. Indicating I suppose, that she'd be spending much time on board these coaches if she wanted to maintain the relationship. ARF! How rude of me, oh well, I was drunk is all I can say...

On returning from Ibiza I was happily met with no water in my flat or anyone else's in the whole apartment block. When I called the woman who deals with these situations, she said they were sending out bottled water 1 litre per household. I had visions of them air dropping these to us and I tried to make it clear that I'd done a massive wee wee in my toilet and this of course could not be flushed and 1 litre of water wouldn't cut it........... but to no avail. In the end I had to escape to my mum and dad's to have a nice cup of tea until the whole thing blew over.

Anyway - this is not all that's been happening but I have to go and get ready, for tonight it's Catface Comedy which has SOLD OUT and I have much to prepare.

I hope this blog finds you well and I'll try to write again tomorrow or Friday.

Till then.

No comments: